Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, September 3

Goddess Art: Diva

Diva by Frank Morrison

The moral of this picture, to me, is that we must ensure that we don't stifle a child's creativity....and it conjures up a childhood memory.

I remember when I was just about to enter high school, I told my mom that I wanted to be an advertising executive. Now, my mom had no clue what an advertising executive was, and I really didn't either. I just thought it was associated with fashion, and I knew I wanted to work around the fashion industry.

Instead of telling me to become a teacher or doctor or lawyer, my mom did some research about the advertising industry and printed off pages and pages of information for me about working in advertising. That got my wheels turning.

So, I moved through four years of high school and entered college, and guess what I still wanted to be...an advertising executive. So, I moved through four years of college and graduated from the Univ. of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a B.A. in Journalism (advertising sequence) and a B.A. in English. When I left college, guess what industry I started working in. That's right, the advertising industry!

None of this probably would have happened if my mom didn't encourage me, despite her lack of knowledge about the industry. And it turns out that I was too far off from my original association of fashion with advertising, because look at me now! http://www.goddesszuri.com/

No comments: