Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, September 14

I'm a Control Freak!

Yep, I’m a control freak who likes things done my way……that’s such an awful statement, but unfortunately, it’s true.

I could blame it on the fact that I’ve been living alone since 21, and I haven’t had to ask or consult anyone before doing something, anything.

I could blame it on the fact that I’m a Virgo, and we Virgos tent to be meticulous, precise perfectionists.

I could blame it on the fact that my take charge demeanor has helped me become quite successful, so why fix it if it ain’t broke?

I could blame it on the fact that my ruling number is 1, which carries independent and individualistic qualities.

I could blame it on the fact that I’m my parents’ only girl and youngest child, so I may have gotten my way a little more than my older brother.

I could blame it on a lot of things. But the reality is, I’ve got to change. I've touched on this subject in a previous article, so this isn't a big new revelation to me. But I've got to stop talking about it now and work towards change. What good man who takes pride in playing the traditional head of household role wants to marry a control freak? What employee wants to work for a control freak? What friend wants to confide in a control freak?

Now, I’m not the worst of the worst, but I can do better. I know I can. So, this time I'm serious about taking steps forward...on the road to recovery.

No comments: