Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, September 22

The Mastery of Love

The book I'm reading right now, at the recommendation of my friend is Don Miguel Ruiz's The Mastery of Love.

When my friend first told me about the book, I was a little reluctant to read it because it professed to be "a practical guide to the art of relationship." Right.

But I decided to read it since it was short and wouldn't take up too much of my time. And as I turned from page to page, I became more and more enthralled. It's words made total sense and offered tons of wisdom. I highly recommend it to each and every goddess.

Here's an excerpt:

"You know the kind of man or woman that you want? The one who makes your heart sing, the one who is aligned with the way you are. Why set yourself up for something else? Why not get what you want? Why make someone fit what she (or he) is not? It doesn't mean you don't love her. It means you make a choice and say yes or no, because you love yourself also. You make a choice. And you are responsible for your choices. Then if the choices are not working well, you do not blame yourself. You simply make another choice.......if you see what you want, why not take the risk? But if you see it is not what you want, you know you are going to pay for it. Don't lie to yourself. Don't invent in people what is not there.......See what is in front of you; don't be blind or pretend to see what is not there.

No comments: