Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sunday, November 22

Gonna Do Right By My Hair

I've made a pledge...to do right by my hair. With natural hair, it's easy to let your ends go, skip a day of moisturizing, go a few days without detangling, etc because the effects are quite as noticeable as they are on permed hair.

Well, I went to the salon recently for a trim (can't even remember the last time I had one), and instead got a cut. My ends were so bad, the stylist had to cut off more hair than I anticipated.

That experience encouraged me to get serious about my haircare. Now, I wasn't taking bad care of my hair, per se, but I could have been doing a heck of a lot better.

So, I'm turning over a new leaf. I've stocked up on some new styling products (at the recommendation of my natural bella friend), established a new care regiment, and committed to taking better care of my hair. I've also issued myself a challenge....6 inches of hair growth in a year.

Stay tuned for progress on my goal.....

No comments: