Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, November 26

So Much To Be Thankful For

I shouldn't wait until Thanksgiving to reflect on and write about the things I'm thankful for...but here we go.

I'm thankful for my God-given talents and having enough self-awareness and doing enough introspection to recognize them and use them.

I'm thankful for my family and friends who want to see and help me do better, get better, live better, achieve better.

I'm thankful for all the obstacles that forced me to lean on God, increase my faith, dig deeper, try harder.

I'm thankful for the ability to appreciate life's simple pleasures: reading a book outside, eating gummy bears, running through my neighborhood, driving with the windows down and grooving to my favorite song.

I'm thankful for each past relationship and the opportunities for growth that they revealed.

I'm especially thankful for my dad (who always tell me, "never defeat yourself"), my mom (who says, "no matter what, you go girl!"), my brother (who always encourages me to "keep it movin"), and my grandmother (who's favorite advice is, "be sweet").

No comments: