Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, August 26

Little Bee

There's nothing quite like a good book to distract me from my busy life. I just recently finished reading Little Bee by Chris Cleave. In a word, amazing! In two words, tear jerker!

This novel is full of unexpected twists and turns, none of which I will go into detail about. I will say, though, that the book (despite it being a work of fiction) serves as a great reminder that it matters not how difficult your life experiences are but how committed you are to overcoming them.

Little Bee was a little warrior.

Here are a few of my favorite quotes from the book.

"However long the moon disappears, someday it must shine again."

"Yes, I thought. This is the moment. Even for a girl like me, then, there comes a day when she can stop surviving and start living."

"If your face is swollen from the severe beatings of life, smile and pretend to be a fat man." (Nigerian Proverb)

I would highly recommend this book. It's a definite page turner, so it shouldn't take very long to read. And once you do, you'll find yourself recommending it to all of your friends.

No comments: