Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, September 22

Song 209: Thank You

I just got back from a two-week vacation in Germany (and around Europe--It was great! I'll write about details in a separate post.)

I got home this morning at about 1:45 am, and I forced my jet-lagged body to go to sleep at about 3:00 am.

I must have forgotten to turn off my alarm clock while I was away, which plays music from my iPod, because I awoke to an acapella tune at 4:30.

The way my alarm clock works is that it plays songs in my iPod by artists in alphabetical order. I usually reset the alarm each morning, but since I'd been gone for two weeks, the iPod had just been picking up where it left off from the previous morning.

So this morning, song 209 came on. It was Ashanti's "Thank You" from her album Ashanti.

Now I'll admit, I've had a bootleg of this cd for what seems like forever, and I've never played this song. I found it to be a beautifully sincere expression of gratitude. I don't know if she's thanking a boo, a family member or friend. It doesn't matter. All I know is that when I heard it at 4-something this morning, I shed a few tears and lifted up a prayer of thanks for the people in my life and the people coming into my life.

After the song went off, I replayed it a few times and then asked myself if it was pure coincidence that this was the song that woke me up this morning. I quickly reasoned that it wasn't and decided that it more resembled a good omen of things to come.

Here's the song.

No comments: