Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, December 28

Grandmas Are Special

Grandmothers are so special. My grandmother, Lillian R. Doby, was no exception. Actually, she was the greatest. She passed away on Tuesday, December 22nd after a seven year, hard-fought battle with breast cancer and partial paralysis. I am so grateful that I had the privilege of growing up knowing her and being influenced by her. My grandmother was one of the strongest human beings I was lucky enough to know.

Grandma's Lil' Girl
Donna C. Elkins
Grandma, I was thinking of you today and a smile tickled my face. Remembering all the things you taught me, like always to say grace. I remember sitting in your lap while you read the Bible out loud,To hear me sing a gospel song made you so proud. I thought of those Saturday mornings I watched them fix your hair, I remember crossing the street and hearing GIRL YOU BETTER STOP RIGHT THERE!!! I remember the goodness you instilled in me though' sometimes it doesn't show, You played a very special part in my life and I thought that you should know.... My childhood is filled with memories of you that you couldn't buy with all the gold in the world, And even though' I am all grown up, at heart I will always be GRANDMA'S LIL' GIRL!!!

No comments: