Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, January 6

If You're A Queen, Why Are You Letting Him Play You Like A Clown?

I was listening to the Michael Baisden show yesterday (which I generally try to avoid). The show topic was about women who’d been engaged for years but still hadn’t gotten married. Michael was expressing his belief that people shouldn’t get engaged unless they are ready to set a date and get married. I agree.

He said that if a man proposed to a woman but still hadn’t married her five years later, he probably never intends on getting married. I agree. (Also to mention, this is a completely selfish act). After Michael talked to a caller that had been engaged for seven years and had three kids by her man, he asked the question, “If you’re a queen, why are you letting him play you like a clown?”

But this isn’t simply a question that relates to getting married. It applies to any kind of relationship, even if you’re just getting to know a dude. If you’re a woman that has spent time studying yourself, improving your character, exploring your purpose, working towards your goals, and enjoying yourself and life, then you should have a pretty good idea of your worth. So, it isn’t ok for a guy to come in and value you any less than you value yourself. And if you call yourself a queen, then you must have pretty high standards of yourself. Make sure you apply those same high standards to the men you involve yourself with.

In regards to the show, commitment is scary and risky for most men. Therefore, it’s important for queens not to settle until finding a man that realizes you’re worth the risk.

In the words of Andre 3000:

So, I typed a text to a girl I used to see
Sayin that I chose this cutie pie with whom I wanna be
And I apologize if this message gets you down
Then I CC'd every girl that I'd see see round town and
I hate to see y'all frown but I'd rather see her smiling.....

No comments: