Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, August 30

Goddess of the Week: Renita M.

Name: Renita M.
City: Charlotte, NC
Hobbies: spending quality time with family and friends, trying and creating new recipes (Top Chef here I come!), running, yoga, writing (poetry & spoken word pieces mainly), natural hair and healthcare, listening to live music, wine tasting and reading when the mood hits.
What makes you a fly goddess?: I'm a fly goddess because I genuinely love the reflection that stares back at me in the mirror! I respect and cultivate her intelligence; I laugh the hardest at her on a regular basis; and I love hard so that there is never a question! Instead of trying to completely change any characteristic about her, I say....how can I simply make her the best that she is designed to be?

I am overjoyed to rock my tresses exactly the way God intended for them to sprout out of my scalp. I also appreciate the dialogue my hair brings....I realize that I make several statements upon entering a room before I've even said a word. Positive or negative.....my appearance alone is sure to garner a level of intrigue and wonder. I acknowledge that imperfection is a relative term....so I'm constantly making an effort to turn my "imperfections" into my preferences!
What advice do you have for women looking to free their goddess?: I like to keep things simple....to thine own self be true! Allow yourself to feel....to wonder....to acknowledge....to agree....to disagree...to question EVERYTHING! This is the only way you will arrive at your own personal truth. Perhaps it's what you've been taught. Perhaps it's the exact opposite. Perhaps it's somewhere in between. But whatever it is....know that at the end of the day it's YOURS and you can rest in it! Surround yourself with folks who encourage your "goddess development." Keep at arms length those folks who seem to always have a problem with your questions or 'aha' moments! LIVE~LAUGH~LEARN~LOVE!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww, I love it! You are a TRUE goddess inside and out! Your prolific thoughts/insight made me smile. Keep being you, and allowing your goddess to shine :-)